Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Saying Goodbye

OK so due to the 31st Dec incident, my whole of January was spent traveling in riksha's and buses, sometimes even on foot. On one day I walked almost 2km, WITH my not-so-light laptop bag, on my way home from office. For some reason, the trip was neither boring nor tiring.

Since my car was standing at the workshop, on many of the days I had to go to the car parts road of Lahore, which is known as Montgomery road (It's actually surprising how many pre-independence British names we still haven't changed more than half a century after our so called independence!) n many of the days, I had to go during office timings, which led to me sitting till late, sometimes even after 11PM!

But if you have read "Who moved my cheese", which was given to me by my boss in Infosys (Pune, India), Miss Zalak Dedhia as a farewell gift, you would learn how to convert any incident into a learning experience. And I did, I now have more knowledge of the car parts industry and the qualities or parts available. I have also become less dependent on my car now, it doesn't seem all that crucial now after I've spent more than a month without it.

The Young Leaders and Entrepreneurs Summit (YLES) 2008 is going on at LUMS nowadays, and they have a whopping 900 delegates this time, including an international team from Malaysia. Yesterday was the most exciting part of the event, the ad-making competition... and I must say that some of the ads were absolutely mind-blowing! It seemed that their concepts and ideas for the ads came from some advertising expert! According to the "official statement", the ads will be available on the YLES website soon.

1 comment:

asaaki said...

That's nice - converting apparent misfortunes to fortunes. Life really is however you want it to be.